By using the message board(s) you agree to these terms and conditions ("the Terms").
All messages are the opinions of the author and are not the views or opinions of Carlisle Flood Action Group ("CFAG"). Please note that some of the boards may be intended for use by young people ; please have regard to this.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude CFAG's liability for personal injury and/or death caused by its negligence.
You agree that:
- Use by you of the message boards is entirely at your own risk;
- You are responsible for the content of the messages you post and any consequences that flow from such posting(s);
- CFAG will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any postings or for any loss or damages incurred as a result of the use of any information contained in the message boards;
- CFAG makes no guarantee or gives warranty of any kind whatsoever (whether express or implied) in relation to your use of the message board(s) or any use by any third parties; and
- CFAG shall not be liable for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential, financial or otherwise) arising from the use of (or in connection with) the message board(s).
Subject to the third paragraph of these terms in relation to CFAG your sole and exclusive remedy for using the message board(s) and/or any information contained on the same is to stop using the message board(s) and/or any information contained on it/them.
CFAG does not guarantee that the use of the message board(s) by you will be uninterrupted, error free, free from any third party interference or that the message board(s) will be free from computer viruses or other malicious software.
It is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Any information disclosed on the message boards themselves will become public information.
For your own safety you should not disclose personal information such as your email address, home address or telephone number (or any information which would identify you indirectly) on any message board(s).
You further agree not to do any of the following:
- post any information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, profane, obscene, may cause personal distress, offensive, defamatory, false, libelous, hateful, racially, sexually or otherwise discriminatory or post any information that is otherwise (in the absolute discretion of CFAG) objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your association with a person or entity;
- promote or endorse any business or commercial goods, products or publications (including other websites);
- post any information that may be invasive of another's privacy or violate the rights of any other member, or of any third party in any way;
- post inflammatory messages;
- post any content that infringes any patent, trademark or copyright of any party unless you have the permission to do so;
- use the boards to encourage illegal and/or inappropriate behaviour, to form or recruit members for distinct groups whose aims are to cause disruption, or to encourage others to do so;
- use the boards to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- post any information that would be in breach of a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction;
- post any information that is confidential and/or commercially sensitive;
- post any URLs or web links (to avoid doubt, CFAG takes no responsibility for the content of any external URL or web link if posted in contravention of these Terms);
- post the names of any individual (or identify any individual by any other means) in relation to (or in connection with) criminal accusations and/or any current criminal proceedings.
- Spoil, spam, impersonate or engage in activity or behaviour which CFAG regard as objectionable and/or inappropriate.
If you are offended by a post or topic please use the 'Report Inappropriate Content' button to alert a moderator. Please do not use this facility if you simply disagree with what has been posted; if this is the case post a reply stating your opposing opinion. When doing so do not make any personal attacks. If you disagree with another member of the boards or with a situation, state your case without attacking or insulting others, and treat others with respect.
Carlisle Flood Action Group reserves the right to:
- modify the message boards from time to time, with or without notice, including the right to terminate the message board and all (or any of) its messages for any reason;
- determine (in its absolute discretion) if any message or discussion is in violation of these Terms, and edit or remove any content that it considers does so;
- prohibit and/or ban the posting of messages by any member at any time if they should violate these Terms, or for any other reasonable cause.
The message boards will be subject to some form of moderation to ensure that all users, including young people, are protected; this is not in place to stifle free expression but exists to ensure that the boards offer a safe environment that does not (amongst other things):
- cause offence;
- cause legal problems;
- or endanger personal safety.
Messages posted by a moderator will appear next to an information icon - these messages will convey important information for all users; please pay attention to these postings.
Message Board Membership
In order to participate in the message boards you will need to be logged in and so will require a username and password; you can acquire these details by registering for an account. Any misuse of the boards or violation of these terms will result in your user account being suspended.
Key Warning for Younger Users
If you're Under 16 (Sixteen) please get the permission of a parent, guardian or teacher before taking part.
Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school details, telephone number, your full name, home/postal address or email address, or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified).
These Terms are governed by English law and you and CFAG submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The failure or delay of CFAG to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive CFAG's right to enforce that right.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of England , then to the extent permitted such illegal, invalid or unenforceable term (s) shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable